Conflict Resolution and Migration Awareness Initiative (CRAMAI) is a Non-Governmental Organisation which aims to promote regular migration the world over by working in synergy with relevant stakeholders in engendering peace and harmony, safe and beneficial migration regimes in today’s dynamic society.
At CRAMAI, we have a team of specialised professionals who have been able to evolve practical steps in delivering the following:
- To promote the private sectors’ change management, conflict prevention and robust resolution skills.
- Building confidence in youths to explore the potentials of positivity and sustainability.
- To promote community and youth development, education for sustainable human resource development, environmental health, food security, good governance, poverty reduction, conflict prevention and all peace building initiatives.
- To generally prevent and reduce youth violence and engender conflict avoidance.
- To award Peace Scholarship to young people including those affected by conflict in order to ensure that they are not left out of education. Similarly, in order to douse ethno-religious crises and conflicts, the Peace Scholarship and Award remedying therapy would also be extended to the elderly and youths who fundamentally have genuinely encouraged peace building and peaceful co-existence in their communities in Nigeria and other conflict-ridden locations around the world.
- To remodel the existing perceptions of ethnic identity and reduce racial conflicts
- To research into the root causes of crises, conflicts and irregular migration threats.
- To assist in formulating specific socio-economic and political policies for constituted authorities and institutions within the domestic and international domain that would be aimed at preventing and eradicating current irregular migration trends and eliminating potential conflict scenarios before they snowball into hunger catastrophes.
- To suggest, evolve and coordinate strategic approaches for the prevention and peaceful resolution of disputes and conflicts.
- To carry out enlightenment campaigns and sensitisation in the field of Migration Management with particular focus on promoting regular migration within Africa and beyond.
- To offer invaluable advice and to work in synergy with Governments, Inter-Governmental bodies, private organisations, multi-national corporations and global institutions, such as the UN, AU, EU, IOM, Commonwealth, ECOWAS, KOICA etc, for resolution of conflicts and provision of technical expertise for building and restoring public order in crises ridden polities.
- To robustly network with other organisations with similar aims and objectives.
- To proffer articulated framework for the reorientation and education of the numerous massively improvised human elements within the world community on the monumental need for child education and proactive strategies for poverty alleviation, since these two factors have been globally identified as the underlining factors which precipitates collective societal disgruntlement, conflict, public disorder and violence.
- To develop strategies for strengthening available capacity building infrastructure for local actors through proactive engagement with civil society organisations; and comprehensive joint resolutory initiative on communal challenges which usually prevent peaceful resolution of conflicts.
- To provide strategic steps with the full utilisation of social media and e-communication systems in reaching out and massively educating our desperate youths who would want to resort to irregular migration to Europe, the Americas and other viable countries within the world community. This strategy of sensitisation is aimed at exposing such desperate youths to the realities of the huge dangers and death traps they must encounter on their routes through the Sahara Desert and the Mediterranean Sea.
- To undertake critical investigation and analysis of the conditions of the victims of Human Trafficking and other irregular migrants who mistakenly went to foreign countries in search of greener pastures; and prevention of more vulnerables from becoming victims, through lectures, workshops and direct massive campaigns against its pervasive scourge.
- To assist all interested countries and global institutions through intelligence gathering mechanics and physical evaluation, with the identification of the exact nationalities of irregular migrants who may be hibernating in their countries with false travel documents and claims of incorrect nationalities.
- To intensely inquire and address the untold residential quagmire that numerous irregular migrants living abroad face, such as the current experiences of human slavery in Libya; and the bizarre criminal disposition of some desperate migrants who have brought so much shame and disdain to the pride, integrity and image of the Nigerian state.
- To provide assistance to these Nigerians and other Africans who have already fallen prey or victims, but genuinely would want to come back home to their respective native countries, which will save them from getting further entrenched into crimes of varying dangerous proportions in their host countries.
Sir Dr. Emmanuel Brasca Udo Ifeadi
Dr. Oji Peter Bonnyface Opia
Barr. Godson Ugbana